Friday, September 26, 2008

Up to the Challange!!!!

Ok so I will admit that in the past I did not always make the smartest decisions in the world, but we can't go back and change those things, we can only look ahead and learn from our mistakes!

One of those things I thought I was good at was Lying... it was my way of closing off and trying to protect myself. I now see how my parents and anyone else who I thought I was tricking knew what I was up too... they could see right through me. PLUS, now I know I can't fib worth peanuts...Telling the TRUTH is always better then telling a lie, even if you know you might get in trouble, Keeping the trust of another is more important, cuz no matter what..... the truth will always reveal itself in the end!


SO HERES THE STORY....


Today I called our "new tenant" at our NEW house(only a month old), to let her know I will need to collect rent from her before the 1st....we have 2 rules that we WILL NOT tolerate, and that's

NO SMOKING, NO PETS!

........... so let me backtrack a little.......
On Wednesday we went to the house to clean out and inspect our newly vacated upper suite... well as we were cleaning things up in the yard I saw Huge piles of doggy "doodoo" on the lawn, I asked where they came from, Well this lady looked Matt & I straight in the eye and said: "oh those, yes there was a stray dog running around our naighborhood" HA!!!!! I thought to myself... ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? this dog just happen to do the "doodoo" 4 times in only your yard....but what can you do until there was proof, no accusations can be made, so I held my tongue...

CAUGHT IN THE ACT

Today I stopped by and she says on the phone right before I come, "by the way I have a dog visitor right now" BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I showed up signed some papers, told her about Rent, and had to give her a STERN warning, about her so called "visitors"

In that very moment the adreneline was going 100miles a minute, I had to be calm, I had to be Stern, and I had to let her know who was boss here....totally outta my COMFORT ZONE!!!! I must follow through now, and write a written warning, so she does know i'm serious. It literally feels like a child that is pushing there limits with you to see what they can get away with.. so crazy to me...
So all in all, it was a great challange for me to deal with something like this, and handle it in a way which I felt was mature. Its hard becuz you want to TRUST, but in some cases it has to be earned. I would like to think that all people have the right intentions, but really I can't be so nieve. I will admit for the record that being a landlord, may appear.... Glamorous and Easy... but after today I NOW know its not! Its going to take alot of work, and ........ am I up to the challange... I THINK SO!!!!! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that's intense!! way to go terri:)

Unknown said...

Oh my! you have been busy! Do you think it was her dog?? How many warnings does she get? it is your place, stand strong!!! great job Ter!

Watters said...

you go GIRL....nn

Levecks said...

thanks guys!! i just found out 1 warning is to much.. when it says NO TOLERANCE.. were goona give her the letter and go from there.

Jessanna said...

I never thought being a Landlord was glamorous- maybe because I seem to only recall all the nightmare tennant storries and thought how I would never want to have to deal with that....but a good landlord is something of a blessing- and there are good tenants that deserve good landlords and vice versa- I hope it all works out for you Ter- I think your amazing! And I know you and Matt will make the right decision!
I pray for divine wisdom and guidance as you guys grow through this!

Bev said...

WOW Terri! Lots of life lessons...the truth is always better, you can't trust everyone, it is difficult to be in a position of autority... I really like your blog, thanks for inviting me to read it!

Anonymous said...

hey terri...i bring a message from ruth. she was wondering if she could be invited to read your blog:) she's a very faithful reader:) have a super day!!

Roo said...

haha -- i just saw my sisters comment. :) xo

and wow to your post. go terri lynn! so proud of you.

whereyouleadme said...

WOW Ter..sounds like a great life learning experience...trust is always an "earned" position.I can still treat someone with respect and honor but I don't have to trust them if they haven't proven themselves trustworthy..
growing up for all of us can be a challenge.. i agree ..the truth is always the way to go..it keeps us in freedom...love you so much..sounds like you are learning lots..luv mom